To encourage our love of nature and our keen interest in the protection and admiration of the environment, Lions in Texas are encouraged to find that beauty all over the State and then capture it in photo form so that all can enjoy our rich diversity in Texas.
Each year, hundreds of photos are entered in the state through local club competition, the winners advancing to District level scrutiny, and finally to the State level. Members are encouraged to enter as many photos as they wish. At the club level, the winners are voted on by the members. Later competitions are judged by panels of experts. Winners at the State level advance to the International Photo Contest.
Texas Lions from clubs in good standing can enter an original, unaltered, black-and-white or color photo (without people) of the environment of their Lions club in the following 2015-2016 Lions Environmental Photo Contest categories:
• Animal Life
• Landscape (urban or natural)
• Plant Life
• Weather Phenomenon
• Special Theme: Lions Pride in Our Environment – Capturing the magnificent beauty and grandeur of our natural environment.
The impartial judging of photos should focus on originality, artistic merit, and portrayal of the environmental theme.
• LIONS CLUBS select and submit one winning photo to the district.
• LIONS DISTRICTS select and submit one 8” x 10” printed photo to the multiple district by February 5, 2015. Photos may be mailed to reach the state office prior to this date or delivered to the contest coordinator in Kerrville Thursday evening, February 5th.
• LIONS MULTIPLE DISTRICTS select and submit one winning photo to the international contest. March 1, 2014 is the deadline for multiple districts to submit one 8” x 10” printed photograph and an official entry form (available on the Lions Web site) signed by the council chairperson to Lions Headquarters.
• LIONS CLUBS INTERNATIONAL will display multiple district-level entries at the annual Lions international convention. Registered convention attendees will vote for their favorite photos. An award will be presented to the winning photographers. The six (the five category winners and the Best of Show) winning photos will appear on the Lions Web site.
NOTE: Multiple entries will not be accepted, please limit to one photo entry per district.
Lion photographers accept responsibility for the cost of taking and processing all photos. Contest photos become the property of Lions Clubs International. Lions Clubs International reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not meet contest criteria or that may be viewed as inappropriate or objectionable.
FOR 2-X1 ENTRIES TO THE PHOTO CONTEST
The Club/Lion submits their PRINTED winning photo to the District 2-X1 Environmental Chairperson, Lion Kimberley Wheeler via U.S. Mail, FedEx, UPS, or hand delivery NO LATER THAN 10:00 PM WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2016. Deliveries should made or addressed to:
Lion Kimberley Wheeler
5457 Southfork Dr. NRoyse City, TX 75189
Questions regarding the contest can be made by email to email@example.com, or by Text/Phone to 972-658-9504.